BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Second day.......

Trying to figure out what this is?
Take a wild guess!!
It's of a lightbulb burning out caught on
a time laps camera.
Pretty neat huh?!?
Today was a good day at work. I was able to finish the work tasks that I set for
myself and at the last 30 minutes, I was willing enough to help a customer out.
I really don't get a chance to help out the customers like I would like to. I've come to find out that it's kinda frowned upon if I'm too helpful.
Which in this case you have to understand that it's considered
"shopping with the customer."
My story starts out: A guy is looking at the the led lights we have on display. Now, mind you, I work for a warehouse industry. It's been around where I live for quite a few years and they've had to add additions to it, such as, more buildings up the road from the older building that the company use to have.
Back to the story: The guy is trying to find quite a few of these led lights in different colors due to the fact that he's going to be putting them in his club. We had blue, red, green, white, and a 7 color changing one.
He mention the fact that he was here before and had bought a case of a different Led light and was a little dissatisfied with them due to the fact that only half of them worked.
So, as the story goes: We have quite a few lights that are on display that he was looking at but, we also had boxes of the same light stacked underneath them.
After about a good five minutes of finding which ones he wanted, he wanted to test them out.
Now, mind you, I'm not really allowed to give an outstanding customer service performance like I would like to but, with my isles looking in better shape than they were before this guy came in, I said to myself "what the heck."
He winds up finding a cord that he's able to use for the lights and all we have to do is find an outlet in this big place where I work.
I started working here a month ago and I'm still learning where everything's at. So, we basically start at the back wall where I'm stationed at, no, outlet.
I ask my supervisor for where one is and he points me in the direction. No juice.
Finally, I'm able to find one on the other side of the building. Yay!!
I think I tested about 30 of these Led lights for this guy and guess what?!?
They all worked!! :) Yay!!
I know in the long run, with me helping this random guy out, whether he was going to use these light for his club or not, the favor will be returned back to me.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we had more people giving out a helping hand on little things such as this, even though it didn't take a whole 30 minutes, our life's would go along a little smoother in the long run.
You probably thought I was going to say "the world would be a better place."
I thought about it then changed my mind.
We the people need to do some drastic changing to the world now-a-days.
This will be a different story.
So, yea, take little steps, such as staying off your fricken cell phone while driving.
Thanks for stopping by!!

0 comments: